Monday, November 21, 2011

Beyonce

I was sitting with Alexandra, while she did her math homework.  This means I have my iPad open, and I'm doing something while I listen to music.  I decided to use my Rdio account and put together a Beyonce playlist.  I liked Crazy when it came out.  I thought Irreplaceable was really good, but that was about it.  Beyonce has not been someone I have actively listened to in the past.

The playlist was 10 Beyonce songs, one Jay Z song and 5 Destiny Child songs. I know there is a lot of money in the machine that produces her music, but the production was still very good.  She is an excellent soul singer.

What struck me the most was the amount her songs spoke about personal empowerment and how women should be forceful about the things they want.  As you all know, I very rarely listen to the words when I'm listening to music.  It's always about the beat and melody.  I was quite pleased to find more there.

Am I going to start buying Beyonce albums? Probably not.  I really like the hits, but I don't think I am going to find much beyond that.  It's a genre that doesn't hold my interest for more than an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment