Friday, January 15, 2016

2015 Playlist

It was a year of a lot of changes.  I have been a paid Rdio user for a few years, but, it became apparent mid-year that they were out of money (their phone app was buggy, which meant they weren't keeping it up to date) so I made the move to Apple Music.  I love the curated content and radio stations.  I hate the way they manage my music on my devices.

I am still old school and I buy the music that I like.  I go to enough places where I don't have a cell connection that I don't want to rely on streaming.  I don't like the way you have to manage your music when you download it from a service.  And at the end of it all, I feel the artist should make a little more money for the things I really like.

I looked for themes in my playlist, but I don't see many.  There seems to be a small increase in the amount of country music/Americana, but, when you dig a bit deeper, it is really an increase in the number of bands that are influenced by the Eagles. As you know, this is not a surprise due to my long time affinity for southern California rock.

Here are the links to my Apple Music and Spotify playlists. As always, the songs are in the order that I want to hear them. They are not ranked.

Listen to "2015 - Best Of" by on Apple Music.
Spotify


Name - Artist - Album

Go! - Public Service Broadcasting - The Race For Space
Break The Fall - Laura Welsh - Soft Control
Gurdjieff's Daughter - Laura Marling - Short Movie
Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins) - Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear
Flutter - The Unthanks - Mount the Air
Water Under the Bridge - Adele - 25
Baby Blue (feat. Chance the Rapper) - Action Bronson - Baby Blue (feat. Chance the Rapper)
Flowers - Leon Bridges - Coming Home [LP]
Feel Right - Mark Ronson feat. Mystikal - Uptown Special
Different Angle - The Cribs - For All My Sisters
What Kind Of Man - Florence + The Machine - How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
Clearest Blue - CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye
Courting The Squall - Guy Garvey - Courting The Squall
Bird of Prey - Natalie Prass - Natalie Prass
Sedona - Houndmouth - Little Neon Limelight
All Your Favorite Bands - Dawes - All Your Favorite Bands
Elevator Operator - Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit
Dancing In The Dark - Downtown Boys - Full Communism
Where's Your Car Debbie? - Slaves - Where's Your Car Debbie?
Shut 'Em Up - The Prodigy vs. Public Enemy vs. Manfred Mann - The Day Is My Enemy 
Copper Canteen - James McMurtry - Complicated Game
Fine - Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material
Feeling Fine California - Kristian Bush - Southern Gravity
On To Something Good - Ashley Monroe - The Blade
Born On Fire - Ike Reilly - Born On Fire
Josephine - Frank Turner - Positive Songs For Negative People
S.O.B. - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

No comments:

Post a Comment