Sunday, February 19, 2017

2016 Albums - Honorable Mention

Here are the albums that made the final listen but did not make the top ten list.

Bob Mould Patch The Sky cover.jpgBob Mould - Patch the Sky - Bob Mould is always good.  That said, he always sounds like Bob Mould.  I don't know what he could do that would be new, and I don't think I want him to do that anyway.








And The Anonymous Nobody album cover.jpg
De La Soul - and the Anonymous Nobody ... - This album and Chance the Rapper's album were the two hip-hop albums I listened to this year.  At the end of it all, there was only room for one in the top ten.









Newvieweleanor.jpgEleanor Friedberger - New View - Under normal circumstances, this would have made the list at number 10.  However, it just wasn't as good as 2011's Last Summer, which was one of my favorite albums of 2014.









Post Pop Depression (Front Cover).pngIggy Pop - Post Pop Depression - I really like Iggy Pop. I really wanted to like this.  It's pretty good.  I like my music to swing a bit and because he's working with Josh Homme, this has more of a stomp to it and I find that maddening.  I know, it's me, not him.









These were also good:

Margo Price - Midwest Farmer's Daughter
Martha Wainwright - Goodnight CIty
Steve Mason - Meet the Humans
Charles Bradley - Changes
Emmy the Great - Second Love

No comments:

Post a Comment