Friday, February 17, 2017

Songs I listened to that don't fit on a list

This is a list of music that caught my ear this year, but didn't fit anywhere else.

Water Fountain - Tune-Yards - I heard this on the Google commercial.
Wand'rin Star - Lee Marvin - This is from Amazon.  It's much better than his singing in Paint Your Wagon
Sorry - Justin Bieber - I was overlooking this until the New York TImes mentioned it in an article.  It is pop music genius if done by anybody else. (I think the actual genius behind this is Skrillex.)
I Watched the Film the Song Remains the Same - Sun Kil Moon - An odd, rambling song that resonated for some reason.
Caroline Shaw: Partita for 8 Voices - EP - It defies description.  It is some sort of vocal music that drifts in and out of melody.
Mass No. 6 - Gyorgy Orban - Sanctus, Benedictus - Elektra Women's Choir - This was performed at Alexandra's baccaleureate.  I found it very progressive for a Catholic mass.
Pounding - Doves - This should have been on the Best of 2010 list.
Max Richter - Sleep - Album - This is excellent.  The problem is whenever I listen to it, I fall asleep within three songs, which I guess is the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment