Monday, December 19, 2011

Pete Townshend - The Definitive Collection

Right upfront.  I love The Who.  I have Who's Next, Tommy, Quadrophenia and their greatest hits on my iPod.  When I don't know what to listen, I often listen to them.

I decided to put together an Rdio playlist of Townshend and I stumbled across this.

I liked some of the songs from Townshend's solo career, but I always felt his better work was when he was surrounded by his band. I never felt the need to chase down or buy any of his solo work.

I was presently surprised by how this collection grabbed me.  The hits are there along with other tracks that I was not familiar with.  It is very much Pete Townshend, all power chords and awkward lyrics, except this time it's not Roger Daltry having to say those terrible things.









No comments:

Post a Comment